Of course, Christmas rolls around and someone has to make a remark/comment that stirs up people from the loins to their brains. And it came from non other than everyone’s favourite red neck Phil Robertson. In an interview with GQ magazine he made a few, perhaps un-tasteful remarks about the LGBT community.
Look, I’m all for being all you want to be. If you want to be gay? Be gay! I know some gay people myself. If you want to be a Muslim, go right ahead. But is it really so wrong that someone doesn’t agree with a point of view? On one hand you have an old man who has followed these beliefs for well over 50 years. But on the other hand you have the whole LGBT community up in arms!
Come on people, let’s be a little more realistic here, not everyone adheres by the same beliefs as everyone else. Personally I don’t find his remarks as shoving Christianity down peoples throats but making a simple remark in what he believes. Could he have said it in a nicer way? Well I’m sure that could have been managed. But in the end it’s Christmas. Let’s all make snowmen and gingerbread houses. I mean can’t we all just get along for the holidays?
2013 had many interesting things happen. Some where good things but others rather tragic. Since Google has not just one list but many lists covering top 10 trending, movies, tv shows and such, I’m going to keep this to the top ten trends from around the globe over the last year.
1. Nelson Mandela. One person who was widely regarded as one of the most influential people of the 20th century leading a revolution against the apartheid legislation. Because of this, he would be imprisoned for 27 years before being released and became the first black president of South Africa. He passed away December 5th, 2013 at the age of 95.
2. Paul Walker. Most famously known for his role in The Fast and The Furious films and franchise, it’s almost ironic that he should die crashing his car on impact. Although he wasn’t street racing at the time. Paul passed away November 30th, 2013 at the age of 40.
3. iPhone5s. Yes yet again ANOTHER iPhone released by Apple. Although this time, with a finger print scanner to unlock your phone. But if you get the 5c You can get it in different colours! Who know’s how far Apple will go with this. Maybe to the point of iPhone55k? I don’t know but I will admit the gold looks pretty snazzy
4. Cory Monteith. This loveable Canadian starred on the show everyone either loved or hated, Glee. Unfortunately his past caught up with him, an old drug addiction re-surfaced. He was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room loaded with heroin and alcohol. Much to the same effect of many passed on rock stars.
5. The Harlem Shake. Ah yes, that one crazy dance that everyone had to make a video for that no one watched except the people in the video all gathering around a screen laughing. Let’s be honest, the only thing worse than this horrible trend is twerking.
6. The Boston Marathon. This was one of the most tragic events of the year. Killing 3 people and injuring 264 others, two pressure cookers exploded near the finish line. This led to one of the biggest man hunts in the last 10 years and one of the biggest uses of force in a post 9/11 America. It was a tragic day for everyone.
7. The Royal Baby. Ah yes, I believe every man of puberty (myself included) where very saddened when Kate married Prince William. But alas an heir to the throne was needed and Prince George of Cambridge was born! On the plus side though, Kate Middleton can now be viewed as a MILF instead of Prince Williams hot squeeze.
8. Samsung Galaxy S4. This phone is the rival of the iPhone 5s/c. That’s really about it.
9. Sony’s Playstation 4. The great rival of Microsoft and their Xbox franchise. This console is Sony’s beginning to their fourth gaming console that started about a decade ago. Although contrary to rumours circulating on the web pre-release, that big black spot in the middle of the controller is not a touch screen but just a move sensor. Maybe for the Playstation 5 we will get a little luckier.
10. And finally at number ten, North Korea. Over the last year, new hot headed leader Kim Jong Un took over power from his father Kim Jong Il and began threatening the West with nuclear attack. Maybe someone should go and give little Kim Jong Un a little spanking because frankly, I don’t appreciate being threatened with nuclear war.
So today, some how.. someone managed to get Toronto’s crack smoking dumb ass of a mayor to give a real apology to Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale. Now this is the second time the worlds favourite crack smoker has had to apologize over calling Dale out on “taking photo’s of little kids” and insinuating he’s a paedophile.
Well now that he released a real apology with slightly less mockery, Dale dropped the charges he’s filed against good old Rob.
Who knows what Ford will do next but keep an eye on the horizon because it won’t be long until he does something else that is unbelievably fucking stupid.
So a lot of us Leafs fans have been watching somewhat closely to Morgan Rielly and the Leafs to see if they would put him on loan to Team Canada for the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship in Malmo, Sweden. Thank god he said no.
19 years old, playing almost 20 minutes a game for the biggest franchise in the league with 10 points so far (1 goal, 9 assists) I think it’s safe to say he made a smart move. He has tons of potential and one can only hope Carlyle will help shape him up to what I think will be one of their better defence men in the years to come.
Thank you Morgan for not being a complete and utter dumb ass and ditching the best thing that’s happened to you yet.